[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Suggestions for alarm improvements ...

Qing He Qing.He at radisys.com
Tue Oct 29 17:45:19 UTC 2013

Sandy,

Does the framework account for customizable events?:
In my use case, I have a network (or some other proprietary way, e.g., some special BUS protocol)  attached device that does not fit into openstack node structure. It can generate events. According to these events, Openstack orchestration layer (HEAT?) may need to do thing like failing over all vms on one system to another system (compute node).

If I would like to use the alarm/notification system, I would need to add a
Customized collector, and my events would need to be routed to, say HEAT, and I would need to define the action ( a plugging/callback?) corresponding to the event for HEAT to take on my behalf.

Is my approach right/supported under the framework and the current HEAT (or some other components) release?

Thanks,

Qing