[openstack-dev] [Nova] Preserving ephemeral block device on rebuild?

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Tue Oct 29 10:36:23 UTC 2013

On 29 October 2013 10:20, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On 29 October 2013 23:06, Day, Phil <philip.day at hp.com> wrote:
>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> I think it looks like a good option -  but I'd like to see it exposed as such to the user rather than a change in the default behavior as such.  I.e. "rebuild --keep-ephemenral=True ...."
>
> Oh, I must not have been clear. That was absolutely my intent.

Ok, thinking about this more, I am cool with rebuild having a
--keep-ephemeral option. I have been thinking about adding the same
thing to migrate (for different reasons).

We should probably consider discussing the plan to deprecate Nova's
disk handing code a bit more at the summit, if thats the route we want
to take.

John