[openstack-dev] Full schedule for HongKong summit?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Oct 29 10:29:17 UTC 2013

Dina Belova wrote:
> There is no such mixed calendar. It was made, as far as I remember,
> because design and summit talks are very different and should be separated.
>
> But still, it is not really comfortable.

Yes, it's a bit of a trade-off...

In the past we had a lot of people, attracted by catchy session titles,
wandering in the design summit area and be really surprised by the
absence of presentations and the chaotic nature of the discussions
there. For this time around we decided that further separating the two
events (while keeping compatible time slots) was less confusing, and
keeping two separate schedules was the simplest way of making that happen.

I agree it's inconvenient for people who want to juggle between the two
parts of the event. The best solution for those is probably to look at
both schedules and use the iCal/ics exports to build your personal calendar:

http://icehousedesignsummit.sched.org/mobile-site
http://openstacksummitnovember2013.sched.org/mobile-site

Hope this helps,

--