[openstack-dev] [Neutron] FWaaS IceHouse summit prep and IRC meeting

fank at vmware.com fank at vmware.com
Tue Oct 29 02:12:14 UTC 2013

My mainly concern is using neutron port for zones may cause confusion/misconfig while you can have two ports connected to same network/subnet in different zone. Using network, or subnet (in the form of network/subnet uuid), on the other hand, is more general and can still be mapped to any interface that has port in those network/subnet.

Also, which "ports" we're talking about here? Router's port (but a Firewall doesn't necessary associate with a router in current model)? Firewall's ports (does Firewall even have ports now? In addition, this means we're not able to create a rule with zones before a Firewall is created)? Definitely not VM's port....

Thanks,

-Kaiwei