[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Nova][neutron][Heat][Oslo][Ceilometer][Havana]Single Subscription Point for event notification

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Mon Oct 28 23:04:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am not sure that there is an existing service or API for event
subscription. The event management was listed as a part of Mistral project
which is not implemented though. If I am not mistaken, Mistral will allow
you to refer events and alarms coming from different sources and trig some
actions\task execution including call of some external hook. Scheduling is
also covered by Mistral proposal but it is just an example of some timer
based events.

Thanks,
Georgy

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Qing He <Qing.He at radisys.com> wrote:

> All,
> I found multiple places/components you can get event alarms, e.g., Heat,
> Ceilometer, Oslo, Nova etc, notification. But I fail to find any documents
> as to how to do it in the respective component documents.
>
> I 'm  wondering if there is document as to if there is a single API entry
> point where you can subscribe and get event notification from all
> components, such as Nova, Neutron.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Qing

Georgy Okrokvertskhov