[openstack-dev] [Nova] Blueprint review process

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Oct 28 15:35:32 UTC 2013

On 10/23/2013 08:33 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> At the last Nova meeting we started talking about some updates to the
> Nova blueprint process for the Icehouse cycle.  I had hoped we could
> talk about and finalize this in a Nova design summit session on "Nova
> Project Structure and Process" [1], but I think we need to push forward
> on finalizing this as soon as possible so that it doesn't block current
> work being done.

I understand the need for speed here and I would like to help make sure
that any change is effectively communicated to the wider community at
this very busy time of the year.

Since it's very dangerous to assume that everybody reads the mailing
list, I would suggest writing a blog post on openstack.org/blog and a
feature in the weekly newsletter is the bare minimum we can do. I'll nag
you on IRC if I have questions.

I think I have most of the information on this message except it's not
clear to me "why" you are proposing to review the process: can you
sumamrize please?

> 2) Blueprint Review Team
[...]

Do you think users can get involved at this point to give their input?
Or where would you see users getting the chance to give feedback about
features they'd need to be implemented?

thanks,
Stef