[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Havana] Is instance_type_extra_specs changed or broken?

David Kang dkang at isi.edu
Mon Oct 28 15:29:31 UTC 2013

 I've installed Havana using RDO Packstack.
When one key:value pair is described in instance_type_extra_specs,
the scheduler works fine.
However, when multiple key:value pairs are described in instance_type_extra_specs in /etc/nova/nova.conf, only one of them are properly filtered, but the other keys are recognized by None by the scheduler filter.
So, it always fails to find proper nova-compute.
I could use the same instance_type_extra_specs with Grizzly,
but it fails with Havana.

 Has the format of instance_type_extra_specs been changed?
Or the processing instance_type_extra_specs sent from nova-compute has bugs in it?

 Here is the flags that I used:

/etc/nova/nova.conf
instance_type_extra_specs=cpu_arch:x86_64, gpu_arch:fermi, gpus:2, hypervisor_type:LXC

flavor:
 nova flavor-list --extra-specs
| ID | Name      | Memory_MB | Disk | Ephemeral | Swap | VCPUs | RXTX_Factor | Is_Public | extra_specs                                                                                              |

| 10 | cg1.small | 2048      | 10   | 0         |      | 2     | 1.0         | True      | {u'gpus': u'= 1', u'hypervisor_type': u's== LXC', u'gpu_arch': u's== fermi', u'cpu_arch': u's== x86_64'} |

 Thanks,
 David