[openstack-dev] [nova] Thoughs please on how to address a problem with mutliple deletes leading to a nova-compute thread pool problem

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Mon Oct 28 15:07:39 UTC 2013

Yes, exactly this.  If my compute node crashes and is unavailable I
should still be able to delete the instance.

Heck, I should be able to create an instance and delete it while it's
still in the building stage.

It's like a "kill -9" in posix...the underlying system should clean up
underneath it.  And yes, just like the process kill there may be side
effects like corrupt file systems on cinder volumes.

Chris