[openstack-dev] [Nova] Preserving ephemeral block device on rebuild?

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Mon Oct 28 10:17:49 UTC 2013

Is there a reason why you could not just use a Cinder Volume for your
data, in this case?

While at a first glance, it feels rather wrong, and un-cloudy, I do
see something useful about refreshing the base disk, and leaving the
data disks alone. Prehaps it's something that could be described in
the block device mapping, where you have a "local volume" that you
choose to be non-ephemeral, except for server terminate, or something
like that?

John