[openstack-dev] Remove vim modelines?

Ruslan Kiianchuk ruslan.kiianchuk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 21:52:20 UTC 2013

If someone takes effort to learn Vim to the point when he/she develops code
in it, they most definitely have their preferred settings already, why
overwrite them? If those settings conflict with the style guide -- it has
been said, pep8 and hacking check will notify.

I always thought that leaving some hints to text editor by adding specific
content to file content is just a dirty hack -- files should not be editor
agnostic, the editor should be smart enough to figure everything out by
himself. And yeah, also a happy Vim user for 4 years.

Replacing the long paragraph with a short response:
+1, remove them :)

Sincerely, Ruslan Kiianchuk.