[openstack-dev] Remove vim modelines?

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 19:54:44 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net>wrote:

> On 26 October 2013 08:40, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com> wrote:>
> I'm all for low barriers of entry, so if there's
> > any evidence that this is true, I'd want to make them more prolific.
>
> I'm not sure how to gather evidence for this, either for or against ;(.

We do have a captive audience in a week or so to do unscientific room-temp
surveys. Asking a question or two at the end of some sessions would at
least give us a data point broader than ML participants.

"Who would be resistant to enforcing removal modelines?"
"Who would be resistant to enforcing addition of modelines?"
"Who doesn't know or care what a modeline is?"

For the record, I don't mind these things as long as they are at the end of
the file.

dt

--

Dean Troyer