[openstack-dev] extending nova boot

Drew Fisher drew.fisher at oracle.com
Fri Oct 25 15:34:17 UTC 2013

Good morning!

I am looking at extending nova boot with a few new flags.  I've found
enough examples online that I have a working extension to novaclient (I
can see the new flags in `nova help boot` and if I run with the --debug
flag I can see the curl requests to the API have the data.

What I can't seem to figure out is how nova-api processes these extra
arguments.  With stable/grizzly bits, in
nova/api/openstack/compute/servers.py, I can see where that data is
processed (in Controller.create()) but it doesn't appear to me that any
leftover flags are handled.

What do I need to do to get these new flags to nova boot from novaclient
into nova-api and ultimately my compute driver?

Thanks for any help!

-Drew Fisher