[openstack-dev] Announcing Project Solum

Adrian Otto adrian.otto at rackspace.com
Fri Oct 25 04:50:27 UTC 2013

Thomas and Russell,

On Oct 24, 2013, at 8:03 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/24/2013 08:51 AM, Thomas Spatzier wrote:
>> Hi Adrian,
>>
>> really intersting! I wonder what the relation to all the software
>> orchestration in Heat discussions is that have been going on for a while
>> now.
>
> It's a good question.  Personally, I would expect Heat to be a key
> element of how Solum works.  There are a number of things Solum needs to
> do on top of Heat, though, such as the git integration bit.

Yes, that's exactly right. Heat is a key component for Solum. We are going in a direction that reaches further into the realm of developer productivity, but are not planning to re-implement stuff that's already in OpenStack. As Heat and Nova and Glance and Keystone, etc… all get better, so will Solum by nature of leveraging them.

Adrian