[openstack-dev] [Neutron] L3 router service integration with Service Type Framework

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Thu Oct 24 23:13:55 UTC 2013

Gary,

In the context of the nvp plugin we use a mechanism for enabling 'advanced'
capabilities of a router leveraging a 'router_service_type' extension.
this allow us to configure two types of routers, one which does just L3
forwarding, NAT and a few other things, and another one which also has the
capability of hosting adv services such as firewall and load balancing.

Is this similar to what you want to achieve with this blueprint?

Regards,
Salvatore