[openstack-dev] LBaaS: should we check for associations when deleting health monitor?

Oleg Bondarev obondarev at mirantis.com
Thu Oct 24 13:45:09 UTC 2013

Hi,
Currently in LBaaS when health monitor object is deleted all associations
with pools are deleted automatically. A bug was reported recently in
Neutron where the reporter considers this behavior as wrong:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1243129
I have no strong opinion so I'd like to hear others thoughts on this (devs
and vendors).

One option may be to add kind of 'force_delete' parameter to the delete
operation but that would require changes in api/docs/neutronclient/horizon
what is probably an overkill.

Please add your comments on bug in launchpad.

Thanks,
Oleg