[openstack-dev] [keystone] updating password user_crud vs credentials

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 15:35:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel at enovance.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If i understand correctly (and I may be wrong) we are moving away from
> user_crud to use /credentials for updating password including ec2. The
> credentials facility was implemented in this blueprint :
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/extract-credentials-id
>
> and documented here :
>

> http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-identity-service/2.0/content/POST_updateUserCredential_v2.0_users__userId__OS-KSADM_credentials__credential-type__.html
>
> I may be low on my grep-fu today but I can't seem to find anything
> implementing something like :
>
> POST /v2.0/users/{userId}/OSKSADM/credentials/password

The v3 version of this call is in progress:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/v3-user-update-own-password

> but only implemented for OS-EC2
>
> So my question is, user_crud seems to be way to update password currently
> (by /OS-KSADM/password path) is it something that would need to be added in
> the future to /credentials/password ?

That's sort of being tackled here, with slightly different terminology:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/access-key-authentication

Regular "passwords" are currently backed to the identity driver, but
there's no reason why they couldn't be managed via /v3/credentials.

> Cheers,
>
> Chmouel.

-Dolph