[openstack-dev] [keystone] updating password user_crud vs credentials

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at enovance.com
Wed Oct 23 13:14:14 UTC 2013

Hello,

If i understand correctly (and I may be wrong) we are moving away from
user_crud to use /credentials for updating password including ec2. The
credentials facility was implemented in this blueprint :

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/extract-credentials-id

and documented here :

http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-identity-service/2.0/content/POST_updateUserCredential_v2.0_users__userId__OS-KSADM_credentials__credential-type__.html

I may be low on my grep-fu today but I can't seem to find anything
implementing something like :

POST /v2.0/users/{userId}/OSKSADM/credentials/password

but only implemented for OS-EC2

So my question is, user_crud seems to be way to update password currently
(by /OS-KSADM/password path) is it something that would need to be added in
the future to /credentials/password ?

Cheers,

Chmouel.