[openstack-dev] [NOVA][NEUTRON] Whats the correct firewall driver and interface driver to use neutron sec groups in havana

Leandro Reox leandro.reox at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 12:57:25 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

Seem that i cant find the right combination to get neutron security groups
working with nova and OVS

- I see the logs on the ovs agent like sec group updated or rule updated
- I can configure the rules on neutron without an issue

BUT

Seems like nova is not doing anything with the the rules itself, i dont see
any root-wrap event trying to apply an iptables chain, its like the the
agent is not passing the order to apply the rules to nova

Here is all the nova.conf stuff, and agent logs, and iptables chains:
http://pastebin.com/RMgQxFyN

I dont know what to try to get this working , maybe im using the wrong
firewall driver or something ? or do i need for example that neutron and
nova connects to the same queue??

Best
Lean