[openstack-dev] VPNaaS questions...

Paul Michali pcm at cisco.com
Wed Oct 23 12:56:44 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

Some questions on VPNaaS…

Can we get the review reopened of the service type framework changes for VPN on the server side?
I was thinking of trying to rebase that patch, based on the latest from master, but before doing so, I ran TOX on the latest master commit. TOX fails with a bunch of errors, some reporting that the system is out of memory. I have a 4GB Ubuntu 12.04 VM for this and I see it max out on memory, when TOX is run on the whole Neutron code for py27. Anyone seen this?
I have tried the current patch of service type framework, and found that client changes are needed too. I have changes ready for review, should I post them, or do we need to wait (or indicate some dependency on the server side changes)?
I see that there is VPN connection status and VPN service status. What is the purpose of the latter? What is the status, if the service has multiple connections in different states?
Have you guys tried VPNaaS with Havana and the now default ML2 plugin? I got a failure on connection create, saying that it could not find get_l3_agents_hosting_routers() attribute. I haven't looked into this yet, but will try as soon as I can.
Thanks!

PCM (Paul Michali)

Contact info for Cisco users http://twiki.cisco.com/Main/pcm