[openstack-dev] [Trove] How users should specify a datastore type when creating an instance

Tim Simpson tim.simpson at rackspace.com
Tue Oct 22 16:20:25 UTC 2013

> This is also true that we dont want to define the _need_ to have custom images for the datastores. You can, quite easily, deploy mysql or redis on a vanilla image.

Additionally there could be server code at some point soon that will need to know what datastore type is associated with an instance to determine what db engine is in use. So for example, if a call such as "users" isn't supported by a certain datastore used by an instance, the server side code will be able to determine that and something such as a bad request or not found status code.