[openstack-dev] [Heat] HOT Software configuration proposal

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Tue Oct 22 13:24:28 UTC 2013

On 22/10/13 09:15, Thomas Spatzier wrote:
> BTW, the convention of properties being input and attributes being output,
> i.e. that subtle distinction between properties and attributes is not
> really intuitive, at least not to me as non-native speaker, because I used
> to use both words as synonyms.

As a native speaker, I can confidently state that it's not intuitive to
anyone ;)

We unfortunately inherited these names from the Properties section and
the Fn::GetAtt function in cfn templates. It's even worse than that,
because there's a whole category of... uh... things (DependsOn,
DeletionPolicy, &c.) that don't even have a name - I always have to
resist the urge to call them 'attributes' too.

- ZB