[openstack-dev] [UX] OpenStack UX tools - up and running

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Tue Oct 22 13:09:37 UTC 2013

Dear OpenStack UX community,

Anybody who is interested in UX work on OpenStack, I would like to
invite you to join OpenStack UX Askbot tool:

http://ask-openstackux.rhcloud.com
(you can use log through launchpad)

Together with that, I managed to deploy and setup few other tools for
us, so we can better organize the whole UX work and make it more
transparent to all contributors.

1) Firstly, I created *Launchpad for OpenStack UX* [0]. I prefilled it
with several blueprints which were already discussed earlier. Each entry
contains prefix with project name, where it is targeted.
2) With jomara's help I managed to get running deployment of *OpenStack
UX Askbot* [1] as mentioned above. It is on temporary address for now,
but it's working :) If we want to move forward, not to wait very long,
we need to be on temporary location (openshift) and after official
deployment on OpenStack servers is done, we can relocate permanently.
3) IRC channel *#openstack-ux on FreeNode*.
3) Ongoing question is about *git repository*, which I am going to work on.

My vision of using above mentioned tools together is following:
* In Launchpad, I would like us to track blueprints and bugs - planning,
keeping track on ongoing work and improve our organization in general.
* Cooperate on each topic on AskBot. There we can analyze, discuss ideas
and design solutions together with whoever is interested in that issue,
so we have focused groups and we can come to final solutions. Also
anybody can raise various ideas, proposals, issues etc. there. I hope it
will become a place where we all meet and discussed UX topics.
* Propose solutions at gerrit and do final check before merging to our
documents repository there (+2+2 principle).
* Real time communication on IRC channel.

Thank you all for your hard work so far.

Cheers
-- Jarda

[0] https://launchpad.net/openstack-ux
[1] http://ask-openstackux.rhcloud.com (temporary address)