[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Swift] how does swift update obj count of container or account?

Alex Yang alex890714 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 09:33:57 UTC 2013

Hi Gareth:

The process of update object count to container db is synchronized. After
the DiskFile finish writing the data to disk, the object-server will make a
request to container servers and update the object count. If the request
failed, the request will be serialized on the disk, and the object-update
will update it to container servers asynchronously.

The process of update object count from container db to account db is
asynchronized. The container-updater will loop all the container db files
in disk and update the object count the account servers.

2013/10/22 Gareth <academicgareth at gmail.com>

> Hi
>
> How does Swift update container object count or account object count after
> PUT an object? Counting per request or something else?
>
> --
> Gareth
>
> *Cloud Computing, OpenStack, Fitness, Basketball*
> *OpenStack contributor*
> *Company: UnitedStack <http://www.ustack.com>*
> *My promise: if you find any spelling or grammar mistakes in my email
> from Mar 1 2013, notify me *
> *and I'll donate $1 or ¥1 to an open organization you specify.*

  杨雨
  Email:       alex890714 at gmail.com
GitHub:       https://github.com/AlexYangYu
 Weibo:       http://www.weibo.com/alexyangyu