[openstack-dev] Call for a clear COPYRIGHT-HOLDERS file in all OpenStack projects (and [trove] python-troveclient_0.1.4-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Oct 22 06:09:40 UTC 2013

On 10/22/2013 04:55 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Talk to the Trove developers and politely ask them whether the copyright
> notices in their code reflects what they see as the reality.
>
> I'm sure it would help them if you pointed out to them some significant
> chunks of code from the commit history which don't appear to have been
> written by a HP employee.

I did this already. Though if I raised the topic in this list (as
opposed to contact the Trove maintainers privately), this was for a
broader scope, to make sure it doesn't happen again and again.

> Simply adding a Rackspace copyright notice to a file or two which has
> had a significant contribution by someone from Rackspace would be enough
> to resolve your concerns completely.

But how to make sure that there's no *other* copyright holders, and that
my debian/copyright is right? Currently, there's no way...

Thomas