[openstack-dev] Call for a clear COPYRIGHT-HOLDERS file in all OpenStack projects (and [trove] python-troveclient_0.1.4-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Oct 22 05:58:18 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 01:09 +0100, Monty Taylor wrote:

> The last thing we need to do is validate in any manner that somehow the
> CLA makes our Apache Licensed Free Software more Free or more Valid than
> if we did not have our useless CLA.

Agree with this. My simplified way of thinking about this is that the
terms of the CLA are the same as the terms of the license and the CLA is
just a way of getting contributors to explicitly say that all code they
contribute will be under the terms of the license.

As Richard Fontana pointed out on this list before, Signed-off-by could
serve a similar process (while supporting the notion of a patch having
multiple authors) with much less hassle, confusion and false security.

Mark.