[openstack-dev] [Heat] Incorporate Auditing Support / Usage Notifications

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at redhat.com
Tue Oct 22 01:11:16 UTC 2013

Hi all

There has been some interest in Heat generating usage notifications
http://summit.openstack.org/cfp/details/87

so I thought I'd implement the blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/send-notification

I'd like to ask for suggestions on the content of the notifications.
I have added a section for Heat here (please tell me if this is the
wrong place): https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/SystemUsageData

My plan was to generate the notification on each stack state change
so as the wiki page says:
orchestration.stack.{create,update,delete,suspend,resume}.{start,error,end}

  start maps to IN_PROGRESS
  end maps to COMPLETE

If you have any other needs of the notification please respond.

Thanks
Angus