[openstack-dev] [Trove] Testing of new service types support

Tim Simpson tim.simpson at rackspace.com
Mon Oct 21 19:17:53 UTC 2013

>> For the api stuff, sure thats fine. i just think the overall coverage of the review will be quite low if we are only testing the API via fake code.

We're in agreement here, I think. I will say though that if the people working on Mongo want to test it early, and go beyond simply using the client to manually confirm stuff, it should be possible to run the existing tests by building a different image and running a subset, such as "--group=dbaas.guest.shutdown". IIRC those tests don't do much other than make an instance, see it turn to ACTIVE, and delete it. It would be a worthwhile spot test to see if it adheres to the bare-minimum Trove API.