[openstack-dev] Call for a clear COPYRIGHT-HOLDERS file in all OpenStack projects (and [trove] python-troveclient_0.1.4-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Oct 21 17:52:05 UTC 2013

On 10/20/2013 09:38 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> Part of the issue is that historically the project has held a
> laissez faire position that claiming copyright on contributions is
> voluntary, and that if you don't feel your modifications to a
> particular file are worthy of copyright (due to triviality or
> whatever) then there was no need to update a copyright statement for
> new holders or years.

I don't really mind the above way, as long as there's an easy way for me
to write my debian/copyright file, which isn't the case ATM. Currently,
it's close to second-guessing, which is what needs to be fixed. A
copyright-holder.txt file would fix it, and I'm guessing that it's
existence only would push companies to add themselves in...

Thomas Goirand (zigo)