[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Linux Bridge MTU bug when the VXLAN tunneling is used

Édouard Thuleau thuleau at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 06:49:32 UTC 2013

I had a look for fix that and I don't found a simple way.

The minimal MTU can be deducted by the LB agent with the value found on the
bridge and the LB agent can set it on veth interface connect to that bridge.
But there no easy way to set it on the other side of the veth in the
namespace. LB agent doesn't know the name of the other side of the veth and
it doesn't know the name of the namespace. Furthermore, I'm not sure it's a
good way to modify network in a namespace doesn't manage by the LB agent.

Another simple solution, is to set a global config flag to define the
minimal MTU and all agents which create veth use it to set interfaces MTU.

I opened a bug to discuss: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1242534

Regards,
Édouard.