[openstack-dev] Change in openstack/nova[master]: Moved quota headroom calculations into quota_reserve

Michael Bright mjbrightfr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 05:19:37 UTC 2013

Dan,

> >* If some kind soul can guide me on adding unit tests - per my question*
> >* below - then I'll add them, otherwise I'll just complete the fix for
now*
> >* and add the tests in a later change.*
>
> The change really needs to come with tests. A fix is only good if we
> know it's a fix :)

I pulled out the above lines.

OK, I'll plead for help on #openstack-dev/#openstack-nova.

Let me restate here though (where I can explain context) that I don't know
where to implement such tests and I can only implement them if I find a
related test which I understand sufficiently to modify.

I looked at

I've looked at the tests in nova/tests/compute/test_compute_api.py.
In particular at test_create_quota_exceeded_messages which I half
understand (literally).

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to add tests.
If it is I don't see how to modify quota (correctly) to create my test
conditions.

... and if it isn't the correct place I of course don't know where is ...

Thanks *anyone*,
Mike.

>>* As I don't see how to "keep it in the review", I'll copy to
openstack-dev.*

> Just keep making your comments in Gerrit. That way all the discussion
> related to a specific patch is preserved with proper linkage in case we
> ever need to go back to it.

OK, I suppose you mean the comment made when I perform a 'git review'.
Nothing is obvious for me I'm afraid ;-)

> >* OK, I think I see what I need to do to do to not abandon the current*
> >* change <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51263/> (i.e. to merge with*
> >* master whilst not breaking my DevStack) - I'll be back for help if I*
> >* muck up!*
>
> Probably just:
>
> $ git fetch origin
> $ git rebase origin/master
>
> is the safest thing to do.

Thanks I'll note that (though my concern was more to do with DevStack's
stopping/starting/pulling of code - but I got it done OK).

> >* There was no test failure, the existing tests have nothing to detect*
> >* whether the fix for *
> >* Bug #1224453 “min_count ignored for instance create” : Bugs :*
> >* OpenStack Compute (nova) <https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1224453>
*
> >* is present or not.*
>
> You were referencing a bug in your original mail that alaski pointed you
> at, which I thought you said you were hitting locally:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1239898
>
> If not, then ignore.

Yeah, it's OK now.