[openstack-dev] Fwd: Change in openstack/nova[master]: Moved quota headroom calculations into quota_reserve

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Sun Oct 20 21:39:46 UTC 2013

> As I don't see how to "keep it in the review", I'll copy to openstack-dev.

Just keep making your comments in Gerrit. That way all the discussion
related to a specific patch is preserved with proper linkage in case we
ever need to go back to it.

> OK, I think I see what I need to do to do to not abandon the current
> change <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51263/> (i.e. to merge with
> master whilst not breaking my DevStack) - I'll be back for help if I
> muck up!

Probably just:

 $ git fetch origin
 $ git rebase origin/master

is the safest thing to do.

> There was no test failure, the existing tests have nothing to detect
> whether the fix for
>     Bug #1224453 “min_count ignored for instance create” : Bugs :
> OpenStack Compute (nova) <https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1224453>
> is present or not.

You were referencing a bug in your original mail that alaski pointed you
at, which I thought you said you were hitting locally:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1239898

If not, then ignore.

> If some kind soul can guide me on adding unit tests - per my question
> below - then I'll add them, otherwise I'll just complete the fix for now
> and add the tests in a later change.

The change really needs to come with tests. A fix is only good if we
know it's a fix :)

Thanks!

--Dan