[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] [qa] Ceilometer ERRORS in normal runs

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Sun Oct 20 13:38:38 UTC 2013

Dave Kranz has been building a system so that we can ensure that during
a Tempest run services don't spew ERRORs in the logs. Eventually, we're
going to gate on this, because there is nothing that Tempest does to the
system that should cause any OpenStack service to ERROR or stack trace
(Errors should actually be exceptional events that something is wrong
with the system, not regular events).

Ceilometer is currently one of the largest offenders in dumping ERRORs
in the gate -
http://logs.openstack.org/68/52768/1/check/check-tempest-devstack-vm-full/76f83a4/console.html#_2013-10-19_14_51_51_271
(that item isn't in our whitelist yet, so you'll see a lot of it at the
end of every run)

and
http://logs.openstack.org/68/52768/1/check/check-tempest-devstack-vm-full/76f83a4/logs/screen-ceilometer-collector.txt.gz?level=TRACE
for full details

This seems like something is wrong in the integration, and would be
really helpful if we could get ceilometer eyes on this one to put ceilo
into a non erroring state.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague