[openstack-dev] Debian Jessie freeze date announced: 5th of November 2014

Cristian Tomoiaga ctomoiaga at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 21:25:36 UTC 2013

Hello Thomas,

I am sorry to send a reply a little late on this. I plan on working with
Debian for my Openstack setups (now I'm on a rhel based setup) and I would
really like the "latest" OpenStack release available.
I was initially planning to setup my own mirrors since I always seem to
need features from the next OpenStack release. For example Grizzly for me
looks "too old" and some features that were "supposed" to land on Havana
are now scheduled for Icehouse.
Given this, I would pretty much like to have "J" in Debian Jessie.
I'm not sure how to approach this or if it's worth the effort on your part
given the latest issues you submitted for Havana and since most likely some
features in "K" will probably make me switch to separate mirrors anyway.
However, taking into account the rapid development of OpenStack my guess is
that the "J" release should land in Jessie if possible.
I will also try to find some time and help out as much as I can with this.
Let me know what you decide , probably after the summit.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Debian release team has announced the release date for Jessie:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/10/msg00004.html
>
> This means that for this release, we will *not* have any kind of sync
> with Ubuntu LTS (last time for Wheezy, we froze a few months after the
> 2012.04 LTS).
>
> I haven't made up my mind yet if we should release Debian Jessie with
> OpenStack Icehouse (to have the same release as the Ubuntu LTS), or with
> the "J" release. I'd be happy to gather comments and suggestions about
> it, and discuss about it at the HK summit.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Regards,
Cristian Tomoiaga