[openstack-dev] openstack-dev][nova][neturon] NoopFirewallDriver lead nova boot/show/list failure.

Chang Bo Guo guochbo at cn.ibm.com
Sat Oct 19 08:09:08 UTC 2013

Hi ALL,

There is bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-neutronclient/+bug/1232965.

When set "firewall_driver = neutron.agent.firewall.NoopFirewallDriver" in
/etc/neutron/plugins/openvswitch/ovs_neutron_plugin.ini ,
Nova operations (list/show/boot) will fail. due to Nuetron client raises
NotFound security_group exception. I submit a patch for Nova to fix nova
show/list failure. See https://review.openstack.org/#/c/52597/

My question is , which side (Neutron, NeutronClient ,Nova) should fix this
, what's the best solution , current I just catch the exception and return
empty list of security_group .

Any thoughts ?

Best Regards
Eric Guo  郭长波
Cloud Solutions and Openstack Development
China System & Technology Laboratories (CSTL), IBM
Tel:86-10-82452019
Internet Mail: guochbo at cn.ibm.com