[openstack-dev] Call for a clear COPYRIGHT-HOLDERS file in all OpenStack projects (and [trove] python-troveclient_0.1.4-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Oct 19 06:01:50 UTC 2013

Hi there,

TroveClient just got rejected by Debian FTP masters. Reply from Luke
Faraone is below.

In general, I would strongly advise that a clean COPYRIGHT-HOLDER file
is created with the copyright holders in them. Why? Because it is hard
to distinguish between authors and copyright holders, which are very
distinct things. Listing the authors in debian/copyright doesn't seem to
satisfy the FTP masters as well... :(

FYI, my reply was that I knew some of the authors were working for
Rackspace, because I met them in Portland, and that I knew Rackspace was
one of the copyright holders. Though that's of course not enough for the
Debian FTP masters.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)