[openstack-dev] [qa][keystone] Adding client library related tests to tempest

David Stanek dstanek at dstanek.com
Fri Oct 18 20:19:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> On 10/18/2013 12:04 PM, Brant Knudson wrote:
>

>> 2) "git clone"ing the keystoneclient doesn't work well with parallel
>> testing (we have a similar problem in our tests with our "pristine"
>> database backup)
>>

> Can you go into the specifics of why?

We use unsafe paths for the test SQLite database and test config files.
 Instead of using something like tempfile we are using hardcoded paths.
 When the setUp method is run in parallel it will stomp on other tests.  I
believe the 'git clone' is the same way.  The clone happens in the setUp so
if you have 2 test methods in that test class one of the cloning operations
will break.

I have a bug filed for the DB/config file issue already.  The cloning issue
may solved by putting it into the setupClass instead of setUp.  I'd have to
try it.

--
David
blog: http://www.traceback.org