[openstack-dev] Announce of Rally - benchmarking system for OpenStack

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Thu Oct 17 19:56:47 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/2013 03:32 PM, Boris Pavlovic wrote:
>
>> Jay,
>>

>> Or, alternately, just have Rally as part of Tempest.
>>

>> Actually, tempest is used only to verify that cloud works properly.
>> And verification is only small part of the Rally.
>>
>> At this moment we are using fuel-ostf-tests, but we are going to use
>> tempest to verify cloud.
>>

> OK, cool... was just a suggestion :) Tempest has a set of stress tests [1]
> which are kind of related, which is the only reason I brought it up.
>
> Best,
> -jay
>
> [1] https://github.com/openstack/**tempest/tree/master/tempest/**stress<https://github.com/openstack/tempest/tree/master/tempest/stress>

Actually seems like a pretty good suggestion IMO, at least something worth
some investigation and consideration before quickly discounting it.  Rather
than "that's not what tempest is", maybe it's something tempest "could do".
 Don't know, not saying one way or the other, just wondering if it's worth
some investigation or thought.

By the way, VERY COOL!!