[openstack-dev] [neutron][devstack] LibvirtGenericVIFDRiver and SecurityGroups

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 18:41:48 UTC 2013

Hi neutron devs and others,

The same question was brought up on two separate reviews, and I was unable
to find any neutron folks in #openstack-neutron.  So I will ask the
question here:

Does the LibvirtGenericVIFDRiver work with Neutron security groups?  garyk,
a neutron core, says they don't but gate which uses neutron security groups
says they do.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/49660/3
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/44349/2

If they don't work, we need to fix gate to fail in this case, and quickly
un-deprecate  LibvirtHybridOVSBridgeDriver and the other variants.

best,
Joe

P.S.   It would be really great if it was possible to reach more *-cores in
IRC, even if your not online all the time, IRC works great for asynchronous
communication as well.  I am bringing this question to the ML because I
don't know how else to get a hold of the right people (re: neutron-cores)
to answer this question.