[openstack-dev] [Nova][Glance] Support of v1 and v2 glance APIs in Nova

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Thu Oct 17 18:26:12 UTC 2013

Would the effort to do the following be substantial ?

- Nova doing the intelligent thing (i.e. choosing the best one for the job) by default
- An operator override (do what I tell you in the config file)

Examples where I would want to use the operator override are

- If I upgrade Glance to the latest version, I may want to run with the v1 API for a bit and then do the upgrade to v2 at a later stage
- In testing, I want to validate the latest Nova code against a v1 glance API running on the latest glance server code base

Planning multi-component upgrades is tough and it would be good to have some overrides in the event that some features don't work quite as we want but still avoid a code roll back.

Tim