[openstack-dev] Building on Debian: Havana unit tests at build time report

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Oct 17 16:33:30 UTC 2013

On 10/18/2013 12:05 AM, Roman Podolyaka wrote:
> 4. Everyone's life would be much easier, if we dropped migrations
> support for SQLite. Alembic doesn't support ALTER for SQLite at all on
> purpose. And I would really like us to switch to using of Alembic in the
> following releases.

Except that if this happens, we will have no way to run piuparts [1]
install and upgrade tests. These tests are run regularly by the Debian
Q/A team, and I *must* support it. I believe it's very good and helpful
tests which we shouldn't drop.

Yes, life is hard... :)

Thomas

[1] http://packages.debian.org/sid/piuparts