[openstack-dev] Building on Debian: Havana unit tests at build time report

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Thu Oct 17 16:13:25 UTC 2013

On 10/17/2013 04:54 PM, Dolph Mathews wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:
>> On 10/17/2013 09:11 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:
>>> I understand what you are saying and I also understand your frustration.
>>> However, OpenStack does not, as of yet, support SQLAlchemy 0.8, and as
>>> you can see, the requirements file does, in fact, communicate reality,
>>> we depend on <0.8.
>>
>> It does, at the exception of this little issue when running in Sid with
>> SQLite 3.
>>
>>> I support the bug being fixed and the requirement being raised, but it
>>> has to happen in that order.
>>
>> Sure!

>>> Fascinating. What have they done to make that work?
>>
>> I'm not sure what you are talking about, since I don't agree that
>> OpenStack doesn't work with SQLAlchemy 0.8.2 (apart from this one bug).
>
> This issue in sqlalchemy-migrate is a blocker (and probably just the
> first of several..) for adopting sqlalchemy >=0.8 in at least keystone
> & heat, AFAIK: https://code.google.com/p/sqlalchemy-migrate/issues/detail?id=156

This is handled in the sqlalchemy-migrate fork which we're now
maintaining within openstack:
https://github.com/stackforge/sqlalchemy-migrate/commits/master
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:stackforge/sqlalchemy-migrate,n,z

To reiterate, we've been patching these _small_ issues in Debian and
Fedora since version 19 (grizzly), and consolidating them upstream
so we can officially state sqlalchemy 0.8 is supported.
Sqlalchemy really only removed a few long deprecated things.

thanks,
Pádraig.