[openstack-dev] [Heat]Blueprint for retry function with idenpotency in Heat

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Thu Oct 17 06:32:22 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Mitsuru Kanabuchi's message of 2013-10-16 04:47:08 -0700:

> Hi all,
>
> We proposed a blueprint that supports API retry function with idenpotency for Heat.
> Prease review the blueprint.
>
>   https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/support-retry-with-idempotency

This looks great. It addresses some of what I've struggled with while
thinking of how to handle the retry problem.

I went ahead and linked bug #1160052 to the blueprint, as it is one that
I've been trying to get a solution for.

I took the liberty of targeting your blueprint at icehouse. If you don't
think it is likely to get done in icehouse, please raise that with us at
the weekly meeting if you can and we can remove it from the list.

Note that there is another related blueprint here:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/retry-failed-update