[openstack-dev] Hyper-V meeting Minutes

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Oct 16 18:59:22 UTC 2013

On 10/16/2013 06:59 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Alessandro Pilotti wrote:
>> On Oct 16, 2013, at 13:19 , Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org
>>> The other two alternatives are to accept the delays and work within Nova
>>> (slowly building the trust that will give you more autonomy), or ship it
>>> as a separate add-on that does not come with nova-core's signature on it.
>>
>> I never asked for a nova signature on it. My only requirerement is that
>> the project would be part of OpenStack and not an external project, even
>> if this means passing 2 releases in incubation on stackforge as long as
>> it can become part of the OpenStack core group of projects afterwards
>> (if it meets the required OpenStack criteria of course).
>>  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/NewProjects
>
> That's a possible outcome of the second alternative I described above.
> The separate add-on could apply to the incubation track and potentially
> be made a part of the integrated release.

Yep, it's certainly a possible outcome.

You could ask the soon to be elected TC to give an opinion.  But
honestly, if I am on the TC, I would vote against it.  It doesn't make
any sense for Nova to include a bunch of drivers, but one driver be
separate but still an official project.

I think drivers need to be treated equally in this regard, and I think
the majority consensus is that it's best overall to have them in the tree.

--
Russell Bryant