[openstack-dev] [Neutron] QoS API Extension update

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Wed Oct 16 16:08:28 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 03:45:29PM +0000, Alan Kavanagh wrote:
> Will hopefully submit that really soon. Perhaps we can look at combining both of them and discuss this in Hong Kong as I have looked over your BP and I can see some benefit in combining them both.

Hi Alan,

That sounds great - the objective of my BP was to try and make a QoS API
extension that was flexible enough that everyone could make their own
implementation. At this point, this is accomplished through storing
key/value pairs that are linked back to a QoS object, via the policies
attribute (which maps to the qos_policies table), that stores
implementation specific behavior/configuration.

There is also a wiki page, that has some useful links:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/QoS

--
Sean M. Collins