[openstack-dev] Hyper-V meeting Minutes

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Oct 16 12:16:56 UTC 2013

On 10/16/2013 01:19 AM, Alessandro Pilotti wrote:
<snip>

> Sean, you got "called out" in the meeting not because you asked to put a
> refernce link to the specs which was perfectly reasonable, but because
> after we did what you asked for in a timely manner, you didn't bother to
> review the patch again until asked to please review it 6 days later!!!
>
> This is a perfect example about why we need autonomy. We cannot leave a
> patch starving in the review queue for a critical bug like that one!!

I -1ed the patch, you caught me on IRC and argued with me that the code
didn't need to change. You had my undivided attention there for 30
minutes on this patch, but used the time to argue against change. So I
moved on to other things. Should I have gotten back around to my Nova
review queue sooner, sure. However once you made the fix I no longer had
a -1 on the patch, so I wasn't blocking it. And do I want to give up 30
minutes of my time every time I try to review your patches because you'd
rather argue than take feedback? Not really. I still do it. But I'll
admit, a patch author that gives me less grief is a lot more fun to
review. I'm only human in that regard.

14 days from bug filing to merge isn't starving -
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1233853). If it's such a critical
bug, how come it didn't expose until 4 weeks after feature freeze? If it
was such a critical bug how did it get past your internal review process
and land in tree in the first place? If it's such a critical bug why
wasn't it brought up at the weekly *nova* meeting?

I really feel like you continue down the path of special pleading,
without having used normal channels for things like this, which all
exist. The nova meeting is a great place to highlight reviews you feel
are critical that need eyes, and it happens every week on a regular
schedule.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague