[openstack-dev] [glance] 'ordereddict' requirement

stuart.mclaren at hp.com stuart.mclaren at hp.com
Wed Oct 16 10:40:17 UTC 2013

All,

There was a plan to use pypi's 'ordereddict' in Icehouse, to
replace how we're currently providing that functionality.

However, there are no ordereddict packages for Debian/Ubuntu
and there are no plans to provide them. (See Thomas Goirand's comment
here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/48475/3/requirements.txt)

I think this means that it makes sense to stick with our current solution until
python 2.6 support is dropped. On that basis I've uploaded a change
to requirements to drop ordereddict: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/52053/

Please jump in with '-1's/'+1's as appropriate.

Thanks,

-Stuart