[openstack-dev] [Keystone] stabilizing internal APIs

Morgan Fainberg m at metacloud.com
Wed Oct 16 01:00:19 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Doug Hellmann
<doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com>wrote:

> Making updates easier would be nice, and the abstract base class work
> should help with that. On the other hand, as a deployer who has had to
> rewrite our custom integration a few times in the past 6 months or so, I
> would also welcome some stability in the plugin APIs. I understand the need
> to provide flexibility and updated features for new REST APIs, but I hope
> we can find a way to migrate more smoothly or make newer features optional
> in the plugins themselves.
>
> Agreed, the ABC changes that are slowing making their way in will most
assuredly help some.

> DreamHost will have several developers at the summit; is there a session
> to talk about approaches for this that we should make sure to attend?
>
> I do not believe there is currently a session slated for anything like
this.  You could propose a session for this (or I could); obviously we
would need enough interest to make it worth committing a whole session to.
 Maybe piggy-back this one onto another session already proposed?  Maybe
this should be a broader-than-keystone-only topic?
--Morgan