[openstack-dev] [Heat] Plugin packaging

Tim Smith tsmith at gridcentric.com
Tue Oct 15 23:05:17 UTC 2013

Hi Sam,

We wrote a Heat resource plugin as well [1]

The trick to getting heat to auto-discover a module is to install it to the
/usr/lib/heat (or possibly, but unlikely, /usr/lib64/heat) directory.

I have found that the setuptools incantation:

sudo python setup.py install --install-purelib=/usr/lib/heat

works well for source-installed heat.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Tim