[openstack-dev] [Hyper-V] Havana status

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 16:18:23 UTC 2013

On 13 October 2013 00:19, Alessandro Pilotti
<apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com> wrote:

> If you don't like any of the options that this already long thread is
> providing, I'm absolutely open to discuss any constructive idea. But please,
> let's get out of this awful mess.
>
> OpenStack is still a young project. Let's make sure that we can hand it on
> to the next devs generations by getting rid of these management bottlenecks
> now!

Get a hyper-v person trained up to the point they are a nova core
reviewer, where they can not only prioritise hyper-v related reviews
but also reduce the general review backlog in nova (which affects
everybody... there are a few cinder features that required nova merges
that didn't get in before feature freeze either and had to be disabled
in cinder).

There's a 'tax' to contributing to openstack, which is dedicating some
time to reviewing other people's work. The more people do that, the
faster things go for everybody. The higher rate tax is being a core
reviewer, but that comes with certain advantages too.

--
Duncan Thomas