[openstack-dev] [Hyper-V] Havana status

Matt Riedemann mriedem at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 15 15:59:48 UTC 2013

Sorry to pile on, but:

"this was not particularly the case for what our driver is concerned. As I
already wrote, almost all the reviews so far have been related to unit
tests or minor formal corrections."

As was pointed out by me in patch set 1 here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43592/

There was no unit test coverage for an entire module
(nova.virt.hyperv.volumeops) before that patch.

So while I agree that driver maintainers know their code the best and how
it all works with the dirty details, but they are also going to be the
ones to cut corners to get things fixed which usually shows up in a lack
of test coverage - and that's a good reason to have external reviewers on
everything, to keep us all honest.

Thanks,

MATT RIEDEMANN
Advisory Software Engineer
Cloud Solutions and OpenStack Development

Phone: 1-507-253-7622 | Mobile: 1-507-990-1889
E-mail: mriedem at us.ibm.com

3605 Hwy 52 N
Rochester, MN 55901-1407
United States